Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Proof is in the Pile...

Demo day has arrived!


still so much tile to remove!

almost an "opened up" dining room! 

the "pile" so far
mud room.  closets out/sink out
 Who knew demo was a "one man show".  Poor guy....removing tile is a be-yach!   Not only is the tile a fiasco but all of the sub floor is screwed down rather than nailed.  And he said there are screws everywhere!  They thought demo would be a day or maybe 2.  It's looking more like at least 3!
I'm off to look at granite this morning.  I have an idea of what I want but still not 100%.  Terry wanted butcher block on the island but that went out the door.  It's just too high maintenance.  And we decided to go with a dark wood island instead so butcher block wouldn't look right~ I am trying to decide between 2 different colors of granite vs. just one throughout and do we keep it shiny or do we have it "honed".   (where it isn't shiny anymore)  Decisions Decisions!!!  
I purchased the hardware yesterday.  I bought both handles and knobs.  Handles for the drawers and knobs for cabinets.  I got them at Ikea....fairly inexpensive & traditional.
I think we have our island pendant lights picked out but still have 3 other fixtures to decide on.  More decisions!  :)


No comments: