Wednesday, August 30, 2006
* i created a couple of projects for Pink Martini Designs and they loved them and will be recreating them as class kits!
* one of my best friends from high school called me the other night!!! so fun catching up! thanks kari!
* lauren still LOVES school!
* it isn't so stinkin' HOT here anymore...doesn't mean it won't be 99 degrees tomorrow
* tomorrow is my mom's birthday! LOVE her!
* i moved and reorganized my scrap space
* i'm pretty much ready for our subdivisions garage sale in 2 wks
* i sent a little gift to my friend nichole in california...
* amy from pink martini designs shared their 3 new paper lines with me last night. OMG they are fabulous!!! they'll be coming out for memory trends in oct. hopefully we'll get samples to create projects for them before the show! can't wait!
* and finally a trip to target and costco today! i love restocking the cupboards! filling up the cereal containers and straightening the soup cans....i know i know...it's the OCD thing again!
now, if only layle from scenic route would call me tomorrow and invite me to be on their design team! (ha ha...ya, me and the 500+ sb artists!) that would make for a killer week!
hope you're having a good week! hugs!
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
thought i'd share some photos of lauren on her 1st day of school...all went ok. i had my melt down before we left the house and lauren never shed a tear! it was kati who screamed her way down the hall as we left! she wanted to stay and play! geez!when i picked lauren up from school she said, "mom, i love school!"
* outfit picked out and ironed....check
* matching hair ponies picked out....check
* backpack by the door....check
* mom spiffied up the flip flops....check (it's still 90 degrees here, flip flops are a must for lauren when it's 90! her feet would sweat and then she'd be all mad at me cuz i made her wear "normal" shoes!)
* box of kleenex in the car....check
* space on my camera for pictures....check
* battery charged....check
i think we're set! i'll let you know how it goes.....
here are a few albums i made yesterday for a neighbor....she is giving them as gifts.... (the boys name is kai...)
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
til' lauren heads off to kindergarten....i think we're all ready. still have to pick out the outfit and find a paint shirt....my camera has room for a few new pictures, so we're good to go! oh, and i had better stash a box of kleenex in my car!
i was able to work on a few layouts over the weekend...for the "pooped out" layout i used a lot of supplies from the Jenni Bowlin aug. kit....too cute! i'll never get the hoola hoop one to line up next to eachother but it's pretty obvious they go together! i did that one a few weeks ago...when my niece was staying with us....
have a good day! hugs...
Friday, August 18, 2006
we're in the middle of a thunderstorm so i had better cut this short....hugs
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Monday, August 14, 2006
terry managed the house fairly well while i was gone....the house was still standing and the girls were in one piece....so i'm thankful! probably not as clean as i would have liked it to be but he did a good job and i'm certainly not going to nit pick about the clean dishes that had been left in the dishwasher since last wed. or the clean clothes he dumped into a basket to fold later.....um, i just rewashed those! no sense in even trying to fold them. bless his heart....he did good!
so i'm in the process of cleaning, doing laundry and getting lauren geared up for kindergarten. she starts on the 23rd! i have a feeling it's not going to be a good day for me! i got teary eyed today just thinking about it! :) but she's excited!
better get back at it....hugs to all!
Monday, August 07, 2006
but good thing is i have a busy/exciting week ahead of me...
*head to lauren's new school to drop of kindergarten paperwork (can't believe she starts big girl school in 2 weeks!)
*tuesday is highlight day! thank god! i have 2" roots showing on the top of my head!
*pack for my trip to phoenix
* wednesday...leave for the "all girls weekend retreat for SBA"!!! i'm a little nervous about this....1.) i haven't left my girls since they've been born 2.) i'm getting on a plane alone, leaving my family behind 3.) my husband will be running the household for 4 days! ha ha
i know he can do it...he's just never had to....note to self....give him instructions on how to use our washer before leaving! (don't want that to be an excuse for not doing laundry for 4 days!)
my coffee cup is empty...getting back to reality! have a great day!