Friday, November 09, 2012

A Post that isn't "Remodel Related"....

Just wanted to upload some crafty photos....I am teaching a class in December to a large group of women from the Hawthorn Woods Women's Club, I was asked to come up with a wreath.  I was told the group of women would range from 30-40 people and there was a budget!  (not a very big one for that amount of people)  So, I had to get creative and come up with something that wouldn't break-the-bank!  Buying greenery this time of year is not cheap so I opted for the sticks!  Nothing better than going au-natural.  I hope the ladies like it.   Their also making the clothes pin snowflake and spray painted pine cone.  All very easy and I think will be easy for them to re-create.  (now if anyone wants to come help me cut sticks, feel free!)
I was also offered to set up a table and sell a few goodies that I have made.  So I have been busy trying to get enough things made so at least one table will look full!  ha!  Just thought I'd share a few pictures. I did not take pictures of everything but here are a few favorites....

the 3 items the ladies will create 

3-D wooden star

Add caption

jute wrapped candy cane w/ a metal rim tag

sorry for the bad photo but these are vintage bulbs decopauged and glittered

paper mache star, covered in old book pages and glittered up!

i save the paper spools from ribbon...i covered both sides w/ sheet music, wrapped tinsel around the center where
the ribbon goes, inked the edges

just a few headbands, i have a bunch of flower clips made too!  
I'm excited for Christmas!  This is my favorite time of the year!

No comments: